The former "Carrilet" station in Santa Cristina is currently being used as a Tourist Office. The "Carrilet" was a narrow gauge train which joined Sant Feliu de Guíxols with Girona. It stopped working in 10th April 1969 after 77 years in service beginning in 1892. At the time, it was a vital communication point between the villages on the coast and the provincial capital. The "Carrilet" served as a maritime link between the main goods port in the area, Sant Feliu de Guíxols, and the rest of the Selva district, and it equipped the area’s growing rubber-corking industry with an appropriate means of transport. It took two hours to cover the total 37 km journey. In Santa Cristina, it stopped at Santa Cristina station and Font Picant. The latter is a strategic location where roads between Romanyà de la Selva, Solius y Bell-lloc cross. Very close by, there is a source of ferruginous water (La Font Picant) which is highly appreciated for its medicinal properties. Nowadays the former "Carrilet" route is used as a bike track and goes from Sant Feliu de Guíxols to Olot.
Tel. 972 83 70 10
Ajuntament de Santa Cristina d'Aro © 2006 - Avís legal